Friday, July 31, 2009

Pictures from the trip to Serengeti


Standing at the edge of the Ngorongoro Crater, feeling like I'm on top of the world.
I swear, these cars are made to drive on Mars. We fall into Aardvark holes that I could pitch a tent in, climb up dry river banks, and run over acacia saplings with thorns as long as my middle finger. But as beast as they are, even landrovers get flat tires.

Tembo!!!
Michael, Meshack's son, enjoying a brief moment of having the entire back seat to himself. There were 7 (yes, seven) of us riding the long road from Arusha to Serengeti that day, accompanied by a months worth of food and supplies.

All of us with Fabio, one of the dummy lions used to study why lions have manes.

2 comments:

  1. That's silly. Lions have manes for the same reason that men have beards: that's where we keep all our secrets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Say hi to Candida for me, and wish her congrats on getting married!

    ReplyDelete